Apartments, Summer Classes and Sunny days...

|

This summer has been going very well so far. I have had a string of bad luck when it comes to my car, but other than I have been having a great time. I spent this past weekend at my cottage in Vermont. It is so nice to have a place to get away to whenever I want.

I have decided to move in with my girlfriend next semester; we are going to be getting an apartment in the Lowell area. We looked at a place in Dracut last week that we both really liked. It was a two bedroom for $800 a month; it had a lot of floor space, two designated parking spots, and balcony. The best part of the apartment was the view from the balcony; you could see fox hall and most of east campus off in the distance. We each put in $40 to get our credit checked, which seems to be pretty common to renting. So we will find out this week if we are eligible to sign up for the apartment with a view.

It is a big step for me to move in with my girlfriend, but I think it will work out for the better. I chose not to live with the guy I have been living with this past semester. I feel bad about it because we are good friends and it puts him in a tough position. Other than that, I am excited to move into a new place and start a new academic year.

I am also starting a new summer class this week. I am taking U.S. History since 1877. Hopefully this and the apartment situation go well. I will be sure to write a blog about how things turn out. Enjoy the nice weather while it lasts!

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on July 5, 2009 9:50 PM.

A helpful tool when enrolling in electives… was the previous entry in this blog.

The first part of my research project… is the next entry in this blog.