Jet lag in Phoenix part II…

|

My last few days in Arizona were spent visiting some cool places. First we went to Sedona, AZ. Sedona is nothing more than a national park and a tourist attraction.  Sedona is a scenic part of Arizona with red rock plateaus as in every direction. We went on a desert jeep tour, which was pretty interesting. We went on the ‘extreme adrenaline rush’ jeep tour.  Which I thought would be full of fast jumps and risky turns. But unfortunately it was just a really rocky trail that made a very bumpy ride. Overall it was fun and the sights were pretty amazing. I’ll try and post up some pictures.

The next place we went was the Grand Canyon. If you ever get the chance to see the Grand Canyon, don’t miss out. This was the single most amazing place we went to on our vacation. We started out by taking a helicopter tour over the canyon. This was fun because it was the first time I was on a helicopter. I will never forget when the helicopter first flew above the south rim of the Grand Canyon. However, the tickets for this ride were close to $200 a piece, so I probably would skip this. It’s amazing enough just to drive in, walk to the edge, grab onto the rail and look down over the canyon. It’s just as breath taking without the helicopter. I’ll try and post some pictures, but I know that they won’t do the sight justice; you really need to see it for yourself.

The thing no one tells you about Arizona is that everything is at least two hours away. The trip was a lot of fun but there was a lot of driving involved. We finished off out trip by eating dinner at the Hard Rock Café in Phoenix. I had a great time but the schoolwork I missed is already catching up on me. I spent most of my day working on it and barely made a dent. The next few weeks are going to be really tough, but summer is right around the corner...

Here are a couple pictures of Sedona, AZ.

Sedona2.jpg Sedona1.jpg

and here are some pics of the Grand Canyon.

Grand Canyon1.jpg

Grand Canyon2.jpg

This last one is a view of the Grand Canyon from the helicopter.

Grand Canyon3.jpg

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on May 3, 2009 10:47 PM.

Jet lagged in phoenix, AZ… was the previous entry in this blog.

My Mold Engineering Project… is the next entry in this blog.