Three ways to get better gradesÖ

|

My first exam is coming up this Wednesday, Iím sure a lot of you have your first round of tests starting up soon. If you are like me, then you probably havenít starting studying yet. I donít know about the rest of you but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed personally. So here are a few ways that I feel will help me do better this semester. Hopefully it helps you as well.

1.       Get organized: I have been saying it since the first day of classes, but I am still yet to make it happen. Being organized is by far the best way to stay on top of things. You know what you have to do, when you have to do it by, and when you should get started on it. Staying organized helps you stay focused on multiple assignments.

2.       Get on top of things: I know that I need to get on top of the ball this semester. And I know the longer it takes me to get there, the more my grades will be impacted. If Iím falling behind by the first round of tests, Iím not going to do as well as I should. I have been procrastinating and putting things off to the last minute. Doing this is a good way to get yourself buried.

3.       Study a week before a test: Usually professors announce tests at least a week before they are given. I believe if you get a good study session in a week before a test, you will score much higher. Studying far in advance tells you where your strong and weak points are on the material. This way you have a good amount of time to fix the problems and study more effectively. Everyone learns that cramming at the last minute is both ineffective and frustrating.

So hopefully this helps you get on top of things. I know writing about it is going to help me out a lot. This is about where the semester starts to ramp up, so I hope everyone is able to do well on the first round of tests. Good luck.

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on February 16, 2009 10:37 PM.

Exercising and Eating HealthyÖ was the previous entry in this blog.

Living On or Off Campus... is the next entry in this blog.