Living On or Off Campus...

|

If you have read my previous blogs, you may know that I live in an off campus apartment with a couple of friends. However, it seems that when this lease ends that each of my roommates will be going their own ways. So at the moment I am unsure of what I will be doing for housing next semester.

You also may know that I used to be a residential advisor in the fall of 2007. Today, I had an interview with Reslife for next semester. I enjoyed being an RA because it made me feel like I was giving back to the school. I think the interview went very well; I have a group interview in a couple of weeks. I will know for sure whether or not I got the position by the end of March. Optimistically, they will offer me a room in a residence hall on North or East campus and end my housing predicament.

If they don’t offer me a job though, it will give me plenty of time to search for an off campus apartment and find new roommates if necessary.  I have been reading on craigslist and I found some pretty nice places for about the same amount of money I am paying now. It seems that the farther you go from campus, the less you pay, and the nicer the apartments get.  The renovated mills in Lowell are beautiful; living there would be a great backup plan.

I’ll be sure to keep you updated on how the application process goes.

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on February 24, 2009 10:26 PM.

Three ways to get better grades… was the previous entry in this blog.

Snow days and Spring break… is the next entry in this blog.