Exercising and Eating Healthy…

|

Lately I have been trying to get in better shape, and it has been difficult at times. Eating healthy on campus is very hard, because it is far too easy to get something fatty and delicious. So I have been avoiding eating on campus by keeping my refrigerator stocked with healthy food. I have been considering buying a book called “Eat This, Not That,” which is a guide to eating more healthy. It gives suggestions for saving calories, like eating Chef Boyardee instead of Easy Mac. Overall eating healthier has not been that difficult.

On the other hand, exercising has been a lot more difficult. My girlfriend and I typically go to the gym three days a week after we are both out of work. Over the winter, we were going after I got out of work at 7. It was difficult then because we did not have a lot of time to work out, since they closed at 8:45 and we usually didn’t get there until about 8. Now, I don’t work as much so we usually get there about 6. Since school has started though, the gym has been extremely packed. It is so hard to work out because there are so many people in such a small workout space. Since I like to go with my girlfriend, there isn’t really a better time for us to go. I almost want to get a gym membership somewhere else, but it is so expensive. We are hoping that as the semester progresses, more students will give up on the gym and it won’t be as crowded. Hopefully the situation gets better somehow, because it has been difficult to get a good exercise in.  I’ll try and keep you posted on how things turn out.

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on February 9, 2009 10:13 PM.

My favorite Superbowl XLIII commercials… was the previous entry in this blog.

Three ways to get better grades… is the next entry in this blog.