High Mileage…

|

So let me start of by saying; it sucks when you work on cars all day long, and the biggest piece of crap you work on is your own. With that being said, let me describe my car to you. I drive a 1994 Toyota Celica GT. I bought it when I was a senior in high school. It was a big deal at the time, seeing as how I was only 17 years old. My plan was for my car to last me through college, and then I could rationalize buying a new car.  To get to that point, I will need to put some money and time into fixing up my little red Toyota. Did I mention that I will probably roll over to 200,000 miles before next semester?

Before picking out what kind of car I want, I have to think about what I like and dislike about my current car. Likes: My car is small, fun to drive, good looking, it has a 5 speed transmission, a sunroof, and it’s comfortable and gets great gas mileage. Dislikes: The car is terrible when it comes to moving things, it is decent in the snow, and it is getting old. Another think I like about my car is that it is dependable and easy to work on.  With this all in mind, I can narrow down my choices for my next vehicle.

I think that the best way to keep all of the likes of my car, and add better moving capabilities, would be to get a 5 door hatchback. I want to stick with a Japanese car, because I think they are more reliable, specifically Toyota, Honda, and Nissan…I really don’t trust Mitsubishi. And as far as American cars, I might as well buy a ticket on the Titanic. I think a good starting price would be less than $20,000. The possible cars that fall into this category are:

·         Honda Fit Sport

·         Toyota Yaris

·         Toyota Matrix

·         Scion xA

·         Scion xD

·         Nissan Versa

I remember how excited I was when I first bough my Celica, I can’t wait to graduate and buy my next car.

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on December 1, 2008 1:01 AM.

Happy Holidays was the previous entry in this blog.

Crackdown… is the next entry in this blog.