Ten Favorite Things about Fall

I got a real taste of fall this weekend. I worked on Saturday. It was actually the first Saturday I worked since last fall, and as crazy as it sounds, I loved it. It was nice and cold on the way to work, but it got really warm during the day. Sunday I went to an apple orchard, watched the patriots and the red sox play on the same day. So I decided I could write about a few of my favorite fall things.

1.       Football Season: I hate Sundays every other season besides fall. Sunday typically consists of doing homework, laundry, chores, and other things to get ready for Monday, all while dealing with a hangover.  But during the fall, you get football every Sunday all day long.

2.       Baseball Post-Season:  This is a great feature of fall to look forward to unless you are a cubs fan. Seeing the red sox win two World Series championships, I wouldn’t dare miss a game.

3.       Halloween: When we were kids it meant trick-or-treating. Now that we are older it means costume parties, and maybe going to a haunted house.

4.       Thanksgiving: Do I even need to emphasize this one? Wake up and smell the gravy! Thanksgiving is amazing.

5.       Apple/Pumpkin Picking: A great reason to get outdoors and get some hot apple cider. This also leads to favorites 6 and 7.

6.       Pumpkin Everything: Pumpkin pie, pumpkin seeds, carving pumpkins, pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin muffins, smashing pumpkins,

7.       Apple Everything: Apple pie, hot apple cider, apple sauce, apple crisp, “how you like them apples?”

8.       Candy: Weather you go trick-or-treating or completely overstock for Halloween; chances are you have a ridiculous amount of chocolate and sweets.

9.       Foliage: Just like reason 1 & 2, this is another thing that is amazing about New England. ‘Leaf peepers’ drive hundreds of miles to see the orange, yellow and red leaves. We, on the other hand, just look out the window on the way to work. Unfortunately they just turn brown and fall off.

10.   Cold Weather: The cool breezy weather is a nice change from the summer heat and humidity. It reminds me of all the things I love about fall. But it also reminds me that winter is coming.

Elaine said:

You forgot cider donuts! My person favorite!

Andrea said:

Guth,

I love this!! It's like you tapped into my brain. Pumpkin flavored everything, the Pats, and CANDY!!! you couldn't have described Fall any better. And, I literally LOLed at some points.

Andrea =)

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on October 5, 2008 11:20 PM.

Undeclared Engineering was the previous entry in this blog.

Comparisons is the next entry in this blog.