Open house at UML

|

Today I volunteered for open house for the Plastics department. I ran the flat sheet extrusion line and told students and parents about the school. It seemed like the parents were a lot more interested than the kids were, but that is to be expected. I know that when I was looking at colleges I was a lot more interested in the dorm rooms and dining halls, than the classrooms and labs.

I had a lot of fun talking about what I do in school. Itís exciting to see how many doors are opening in front of me. I have been considering a few different options for when I get out of school. I know that I want to get my masters degree. What I donít know, is weather I want to go full time, or work full time and be a part time student. I also donít know where I want to get my masters degree. Here are a few options I have come up with.

1)      Full time grad student in Plastics Engineering at UML and work as a T/A.

2)      Full time grad student in Manufacturing Engineering at BU and try to get T/A or R/A funding. (Iíve always wanted to go to school in Boston!)

3)      Part time grad student in Plastics Engineering at UML and work nearby, trying to get my grad school paid for by an employer.

4)      Part time grad student in Biomedical Engineering at UVM in Burlington VT, working at HUSKY, which is where my first co-op was.

5)      Part time grad student in Manufacturing Engineering at BU and try to get a job at P&G/Gillette, which is in south Boston.

Since I am graduating next winter, I am going to have to start looking into these programs. Its crazy to think about all the different places I could be in about a year from now!

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on October 26, 2008 9:15 PM.

Overwhelmed by school was the previous entry in this blog.

Favorite places to eat on campus. is the next entry in this blog.