Back to school at last...

|

Back to school at last… My name is Guthrie Gordon, and I am a senior in plastics engineering. I have about three semesters left in my undergraduate degree.  I have spent the past 8 months away from school, working two full time internships back to back.  I lived on campus freshmen and sophomore year, and I was an RA junior year. I just moved into an apartment right next to campus with a couple of good friends.

I can definitely say that I am excited to come back to school at Umass Lowell.  It is great to see all of the familiar faces that I have missed over the past 8 months. It is a little bit depressing to see how much things have changed here, but it’s also a good thing.  It gives me a chance to explore new opportunities and make some new friends.  

My major goal is to graduate and get accepted into a master’s degree program. Right now, however, I am more focused on getting good grades this semester. I think that the next couple years here at UML will determine whether or not I get into grad school. It has been difficult getting back into the swing of things. Working 40 hours a week has put me into a day to day mindset. In college, however, you need to plan ahead as much as possible. I am looking forward to learning new things and writing about it in these blogs.

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on September 6, 2008 8:10 PM.

I need a job… is the next entry in this blog.