Relax! It's Only a Turkey, Charlie Brown!

|
After 11 weeks of classes, I can finally sit back and relax!  You have no idea how excited I am for this very long Thanksgiving Break!  For the first time (and last time), I only have one class this week.  It was my least favorite class unfortunately... Pharmacology.  To add on my lack of liking for that class, we had our third exam on Monday.  That test was 30% of our grade, and it could either kill you or help your grade out.  Right now, I'm not stressing about it, because it's vacation time for me!  Oh man!  Ever since day 1, I've counted down the days to this week long moment.  Now, it's finally here!!!  I can finally take off my stress-cap throw it on the hat rack and do some fun stuff with the family and friends. 

But wait... come to think about it, my vacation truly ends on Friday, because of work.  On the infamous Black Friday, I'm working my new physical therapy job from 7:30am - 10:30am, then work at Hallmark from 4-10pm.  So it's going to be a long day for me!  Plus I'm working the whole weekend also... I mind as well get the most of my two full days of relaxation! 

Usually, Thanksgiving Day is the day that gets me excited about the Holiday Season.  Usually the days before Turkey Day is indifferent than days in early September.  I guess the whole fact that my extended family will be with us for the whole day gets me going into "holiday mode."  Maybe it's the Macy's Day parade on T.V. (even though I don't wake up early enough to actually watch it).  Most of all, I can't wait to grub on our traditional Thanksgiving dinner!   Obviously there is a turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, and other American food.  But I've noticed every year we've added a Filipino dish or desert into the mix.  That new mix just makes Thanksgiving dinner more exciting and diverse.  I've also noticed that T-day is the only day my family can really get together and enjoy being together.  We've all been getting very busy lately from school, (more) work, family, to other kinds of business.  It seems very rare that we all can gather, count our blessings, and just have fun.  I seriously can't wait for a good dose of long-awaited family fun.  Because after that, I'm back to school/work mode until my last day of finals.

But let's not think about school, okay?  I'm happy right now in my pajamas (I know it's 11AM), listening to music, and planning out the day with my family.

I hope all of you have a happy Thanksgiving break!  Sit back and relax!

- Christian 

This page contains a single entry by Tiongson, Christian J published on November 26, 2008 10:35 AM.

Commuter Heaven!!!!!! was the previous entry in this blog.

Why Do You Have Such a Sour Face, Christmas Spirit? is the next entry in this blog.