Official Red Sox Roster for the 2008 ALDS

Hey everyone,

As you all know, I'M A HUGE RED SOX BASEBALL FAN!!!!!  So most of the blogs from now on until Halloween will be about baseball, most particularly all about the playoffs.  There will be a few "rest" blogs in-between my baseball ones about other stuff from current news to stuff that happened on campus... we'll see how that will work out! 

To start off my baseball blog series, I'm going to post the Official Red Sox American League Division League Series Roster:

Pitchers:
Jon Lester
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Josh Beckett
Tim Wakefield
Paul Byrd
Jonathan Papelbon
Hideki Okajima
Manny Delcarmen
Justin Masterson
Javier Lopez

Catchers:
Jason Varitek
Kevn Cash
David Ross

Infielders:
Kevin Youkilis
Dustin Pedroia
Jed Lowrie
Alex Cora
Mike Lowell
Sean Casey
David Ortiz

Outfielders:
Jason Bay
Jacoby Ellsbury
J.D. Drew
Coco Crisp
Mark Kotsay

From just looking at the roster, you can tell that we have a very good balanced baseball team.  Offensive-wise, we have a nice contact hitting squad with our obvious patches of power (which showed great success in past playoff games).... Defensive-wise... heck do I need even need to go on about analyzing the defense and pitching?  The Red Sox definitely have a championship caliber team!  Even with this cocky attitude, I'm still a bit worried about our injured trio - Beckett, Drew, and Lowell.  According to the Boston Red Sox, the trio are "healthy enough" to play in the postseason.  Let's hope that the Sox are right about that.  Any more unwanted injuries or letdowns can lower our chances in repeating our title.  But with that side story aside, the Red Sox are absolutely ready to defend their title as World Champions!

With baseball flowing in my blood right now, I recorded a Red Sox song yesterday during my day of from classes.  I covered the fan-favorite "Dirty Water" by The Standells.  Please, please, please listen to my new song at my music myspace site:  www.myspace.com/blacklite or add my facebook page (search "Sir Christian Tiongson Music").  I would definitely appreciate the extra ears!!!  Add me if you like it!

Well time to let you all go, so I can prepare for a great game!!!!!!  By the way, I just saw Manny Ramirez get hit into a double play!!!!!  That's what he gets for saying he wasn't happy in Boston! (Yeah, I'm mean Ha Ha!)

PUMPED!!!!  GO RED SOX!!!!!
- Christian 

Rob said:

New Year, New Beginning. Red Sox Rule, Yanks are on Roids!

This page contains a single entry by Tiongson, Christian J published on October 1, 2008 6:01 PM.

My Favorite Time of the Fall: 2008 MLB PLAYOFFS! was the previous entry in this blog.

Game 1: Can I say Bay Bay Baby? is the next entry in this blog.