My Favorite Time of the Fall: 2008 MLB PLAYOFFS!

|
During this time of the year, the leaves on the trees around you change colors from a sunny green to an array of oranges, yellows, and reds.  The air seems cooler and your breath is visible against the setting sun around 6 p.m. in the evening.  The stars at night seem to shine more as the crisp cool air wraps around your body like a blanket.  This is the time of the year when you decide to put on your heat in the car to keep yourself from getting goosebumps and the "shivers." 

Do you know what this reminds me of?

It reminds me of baseball, the end of the long season, and the start of a new beginning where records don't count, where heroes are born, and when a champion is crowned.  Fall reminds me of the MLB Playoffs. 

While apple picking, football, and pumpkin carving are floating around my mind, baseball still dominates those plans, thoughts, and ideas.  A lot of people think I'm crazy that I'm still holding on to baseball even when the season is close to its end.  I just love the sport a lot and this time of year is the "Prime Time" of the baseball world.  This is when the world's greatest baseball teams compete for the ultimate prize - the MLB World Championship.  All of this excitement for the Red Sox reminds me of the 2004 and 2007 baseball season when the Sox took it all and showed the world that they are the best of the best.  Oh man, I remember those long nights in my family room watching every game of the playoffs wearing my Sox cap, my Red Sox jersey, and my Red Sox PJs.  I was literally on the edge of my seat watching with suspense, anxiety, and joy.  Seriously, I enjoyed every moment of it.  That's what baseball is all about - bringing your family and friends together to cheer on your home team, boo at the opposing team, and praying for a win.  And I'm a huge Red Sox fan.  Heck, I'm a huge baseball fan.  Some people look at me and say that I'm a quiet, conservative person who doesn't have what it takes to yell... Ha!  When it comes to baseball, I'm probably the loudest and most rowdiest person out there!  Every out, every homerun, every run, every pitch, I go all out!  I remember last year when Papelbon was partying it up with the AL Championship Trophy.  My brothers and I did a dang Irish Jig and just danced and shouting the night away.  Man!  Just imagine us going all "Papel!"  You have no idea!  Funny enough I don't drink so no one can say that I was drunk during the playoffs!! 

So this year, I'm looking forward to a huge run for the Red Sox, more dancing for me, and more celebrations!  Be prepared for more Red Sox blogs!! 

LET'S GO BOSTON RED SOX!!!!! 
LET'S GO!!!!!!!!

red_sox_logo111.gif

- Quiet and Conservative,
Christian

This page contains a single entry by Tiongson, Christian J published on September 27, 2008 9:43 PM.

Happiness: We All Deserve It was the previous entry in this blog.

Official Red Sox Roster for the 2008 ALDS is the next entry in this blog.