Into my music world... a step away from reality

For those who don't know, I'm a devoted guitarist.  I've been playing for 7 years already and I'm planning to play until the day I die or until I'm physically not able to.  Music has become my best friend.  Like a true friend of mine, it got me through the best and worst of times and helped me find the meaning behind life.  Plus, when I really needed to vent out, but no one was around to vent to, I would just grab my electric guitar, turn the amp on, and pour my heart out with a soft tone or some blues.  Seriously, without my guitar, I would be a total stressful mess.  Throughout the years I've realized how important music is to me.   As a student in college who is bombed by schoolwork, exams, and other stressful stuff, I found that playing the guitar relaxes me right away as soon as I pick a tune, either something that was created by a famous musician or something I just made up off the top of my head.   I guess its just the soft melodies that lessens the "static" in my head and clears me up for my next task.  Maybe its just the mental recording from playing guitar that is found in my head that repeatedly says "hey, you sound really good.  If you can play a difficult instrument, you can study up on your next exam... it's a piece of cake, dude."  Okay, maybe that last statement might make you send me to a mental institute.  I guess its just plain and simple, music just calms the nerves.  It just let's you free all that tension from the burdens of everyday life. 

Everyone wonders if its hard to play, and my answer is no.  Sure, its hard to learn a musical instrument, but when you get to a point when you are able to express yourself freely with each strum of the guitar and just let your emotions go, then the word "hard" or "difficult" or even "impossible" is officially out of your mindset.  Unlike most musicians, I don't want to be rich and famous from the guitar or get extremely popular.  Sure, fame and fortune is a plus in life, but it won't help you find happiness.  I want to show the world that I can express my emotions through my guitar.  That's why I started a myspace music page and a website to let everyone in the world to hear my music:  Sir Christian's Music Myspace  and Sir Christian's Jimdo Music Page (Under Construction).

Right now as I write this blog, I'm listening to John Mayer's new live CD "Where the Light Is: Live in Los Angeles."  It's a great piece of work.  Seriously, this guy is one of the best guitarists out there.  Tons of people criticized him from going overboard in his solos or songs, but, hey... he is showing his emotions, and he feels like he is on top of the world.  He has so much motivation and drive to go through a whole tour and give 100% to his fans all the time.  As long as you are having fun and giving 100% effort, you'll succeed. 

Well I guess, you can say I'm multitasking.  I'm listening to the CD, writing this blog, and trying to write a song for someone (special).  This song will be special because its the first time I'll be singing in one of my songs.  It's a huge project for me (even if I don't have a drummer, another singer, bass guitarists, or any other musicians in my "band."  It's just me so far).  I just have to live off with my Acer laptop, a webcam microphone, a crappy recording program, two guitars, and an amp.  No bass, no drums, no voice.  Just plain guitar music.

I wish I can just explain more about how I feel about music... but this solo is getting me lost in my writing.  That's how powerful the song is.  ("Gravity" (Live in LA) - John Mayer).

Well leave some comments about music and stuff.  I would love to hear your input.

- Sir Christian

Christian2.jpg

mp3 house said:

sounds interesting
thanks for posting

I know just how you feel...nothing better than getting your guitar groove on to get rid of the stresses of the day!

This page contains a single entry by Tiongson, Christian J published on July 8, 2008 5:39 PM.

July 4th Weekend was the previous entry in this blog.

Christmas in July is the next entry in this blog.