Christmas in July

Hearing "Blue Christmas" and "Christmastime is Here" was a bit surprising for many of my store's customers.  Looking at our storefront display of ornaments was probably twice as surprising.  Today was my store's Ornament Premier.  It is the summer event, when my store displays and sells very detailed, memorable, and great-looking ornaments to the general public.  You probably think that this is a stupid idea, because it would give customers the "Christmas Blues" or goosebumps about the stressors of the holiday season.  At first I thought it was a stupid idea, because it's only July... why sell Christmas ornaments during a season when no one is thinking about it?  But then I remembered this phrase - "Christmas in July."  After thinking about what the company wanted to get across, I thought the event was a great idea.  First of all, it would boost sales, help ornament collectors get a head start in their collections (or trees), and get people thinking about how wonderful (or horrible) the Christmas season will be. 

I still don't see why people should be so stressed out about the Christmas season.  The season is supposed to be relaxing with less stress.  It is a time where you take and make memories, and spend time with your love ones, friends and family.  Why do people get so stressed out?  Is it because of shopping?  Planning for family dinners?  Planning for trips?  Anyone can do those stuff stress free.  Why panic if you can't find the right gift for your buddy?  Why do you have to be anxious if you made a mistake with the Christmas family recipe?  You don't have to be stressed out through the greatest time of the year.  Just remember the true meaning of Christmas.  There are many meanings of Christmas and only you can answer that.

Well, time to lay on my bed and chill.

Merry (WAY BEFORE) Christmas to all, and to all good night!!!!

- Santa Christian

E.L said:

Christmas is the best season for each and every one of us. This is the season of giving and sharing. And as well as the season to enjoy, but somehow, you canít control yourself to worry and feel stress due to some chores that you need to complete and of course, aside from that, financial worry is there also. I know that holiday travel tips and easy loans are going to make my holidays a lot less stressful. The holidays are a pretty stressful time for me as it is. My parents divorced when I was a little kid, and although thereís an agreement to spend Thanksgiving with one side of the family and Christmas with the other side, I still feel obligated to make it to all the events for both sides. More family get-togethers mean more money spent on gifts and more travelóa bunch of added stress. Luckily, I found an article that gives great advice for holiday travel, which means less stress for me. I was actually planning on driving to all of my holiday events, but with mountains between my loved ones and me and a 2-wheel drive car, thatís probably not the smartest idea Iíve ever come up with. Thatís why Iím so thankful for the holiday travel tips I discovered. I completely forgot that Amtrak even existed, but taking an overnight train would be a great idea. It sounds like a train ticket is going to cost me less than it would to drive, and I donít have to worry about my car getting stuck in the snowy mountain pass. However, I know that holiday travel doesnít always go smoothly. I donít need more stress, especially when Iím running on a strict holiday budget.

This page contains a single entry by Tiongson, Christian J published on July 12, 2008 10:09 PM.

Into my music world... a step away from reality was the previous entry in this blog.

I Can Feel It, But It's Too Far To Reach is the next entry in this blog.