Jack Kerouac Week

Hey guys. Hope you are all doing well. I haven't been myself lately but I'm hoping that changes sooner than later. We are almost 2 full months into the semester! Crazy, just crazy.

Last week, I was asked to sell t-shirts on South Campus, at an event that I wasn't really all that sure about. I didn't know what to expect nor what the event was about. I knew that last week was Jack Kerouac literary festival week, but I wasn't exactly planning to partake in all the activities. So when I was asked to sell shirts, I agreed, not only because I wanted to help out, but out of curiosity as well.

Needless to say, I saw the most interesting thing I've ever witnessed in my life. A poet named Anne Waldman performed her pieces in the most exciting way I've ever seen someone recite a poem. Her son's background music accompanied her descriptive and expressive poems. Let me reiterate - I have never ever seen anything like it. I'm not going to lie and say I loved it, but I know I was glad I was there to see such an experience.

Her performance lasted about an hour. She mixed in her wit and comedy along with her reading which made it much more interesting. By also being there, I got to learn more about the other events that were going on in celebration of Jack Kerouac. I saw some enthusiastic students there as well. The reason I liked the experience so much was because it was completely new to me. It's always good to try or see new things.

That's it for me today. I hope to write more as the week progresses. Life's a bit hectic, but come on now, whose life isn't, right?

Til next time,

Andy