College Life is Hectic

Hello everyone. Welcome to all the freshmen and welcome back to all the others! Classes have begun and I am hoping you all had a good summer. I think I did a relatively good job updating you guys about my summer and how it had gone. It's time to focus on school work now, however, and I've been trying to shift myself into "school mode," but it's easier said than done.

I did start my internship with the Boston Bruins and it's been pretty good. The travel for me is a bit long and the cost of the trains nowadays are very expensive as well. I have to pay for rent and such on top of that, so it's going to be a challenge. But like I've said before, I want this badly and I can't make excuses. Even if I can't enjoy some things for the next 4 months, I will give my all to this internship. The atmosphere itself is quite amazing and sometimes I can't believe I am actually there as an intern. Everyone, and I mean everyone, has been very kind and professional. It is an excellent organization with a great set of core values and professionalism. I'm pinching myself as I write this.

I'm sure all of your lives have been hectic as well! The freshmen class really seem to enjoy the campus so that is an encouraging sign. I know that the school is improving everyday and I can guarantee that it's a much better place than it was when I came 3 years ago. That is not a knock on the school, it's rather a compliment. You can see the changes that the school has made over the years and I think it's really for the students more than anyone else. 

Last blog, I posted a link to the article featuring UMass Lowell and Chancellor Meehan. I hope you all got a nice read out of it. It outlines his outlook about the school and his continuing effort to make it better. It might sound like I'm putting the school on a pedestal, so I apologize for that. I just know that changes have been made, many of which took account of student concerns, and I want to write about it. :)

Having said that, I would like to extend my help to anyone, especially freshmen, that need help with anything. I don't have a lot of time (thanks to the internship) but I am always reachable by email at andyhwang05@yahoo.com. I like helping others out obviously, just because I want to be nice!

I will update you guys more as the semester goes on but I've been trying to sort through a lot of things during this first couple of weeks. As soon as I settle down, you can expect more from me. 

Til next time,