Orientation: Be Yourself

I have of course enjoyed my time at UMass Lowell and plan to continue doing so, but everyone has regrets. My biggest regret dates back to before my freshmen year started. Just like the title says, my biggest regret originates from orientation. Allow me to elaborate.

I remember the weeks leading up to orientation, I was extremely excited. It was the first time I was going to be able to get a good look at the university, get an idea of what it's all about. I'm sure every other student that was attending was thinking the same thing.

When I got there, I enjoyed my time and participated in everything that was offered. It was a really good time. Wait a minute, now you're probably thinking, "then why do you regret it?"

The real big thing I regret is not being myself, being conservative. Though some activities might be a bit embarrassing (I'm not kidding haha), I highly encourage you try to participate and speak up frequently. This is your first chance to show yourself to a whole new group of people. High school is behind you now. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do that for a variety of reasons and I regret that. I could have made many more friends if I was a little bit more active and engaging.

So don't make the same mistake I did incoming freshmen! I see you all having fun at orientation, I help set up for the writing placement testing. Enjoy orientation and make sure making new friends is on top of your priority list at orientation. I hope you all have a good time.

Til next time,

Andy