Summer has officially begun...for me!

Hey guys, hope your summer has been going well. Did you get all your grades yet? I did well and finished the semester with a 3.6 GPA. The worst part of getting your grades is when you realize you have a solid grade and you regret stressing over such little things during the semester. I'm sure at least some of you can concur with this. I hate that feeling haha.

I have started my summer employment here in the O'Leary English Department on south campus. I enjoy working for this department because it has a fair share of work and downtime incorporated into it. The faculty in this department are fabulous as well, very nice people. If only the real world jobs were this friendly haha. I keep on thinking about next year, as around this time next year I'll probably be searching for a job after graduation. It's surreal to think about.

I haven't been to the north campus yet but I'm sure the renovations are going swimmingly. I don't see much being worked on here in south. It's been very quiet with students here and there. Starbucks is open though and I have been making frequent visits. I am not 100% sure whether the dining hall is open for business though. I get really hungry here with only a vending machine to look forward to.

An interesting thing I do every year is to seek out the Facebook pages for the incoming freshmen on campus and leave a message. I encourage them to ask questions and tell them they can contact me about things they want to know about the school. I know there are set people that respond to this stuff but I am too lazy to go through the process to become an "official" person haha. Hopefully some people come and ask questions of some sort because I am too bored!

My friends and I booked our annual camping trip for mid-June for 4 days and hopefully we'll enjoy it again. I love getting away from everyday things for a couple days and enjoying nature as it is. There has been a lot going on in my life, a lot of negative things, but I am trying to fight through it. My friends and brother have been great so it will be a memorable trip.

I think I am out of stuff to write about, I'll think of a good topic for next week to blog about!