Facing the Finals

Hey guys, it's Andy here! It's been a while since I've written, but I've had a lot on my plate lately. In the span between the last blog and this one, I've received an award, inducted into a leadership society, completed many projects, and etc. Everyone is busy at this time of the year right? I always called April the dreadful month.

Today's blog is pretty much focusing on the finals. As I prepare for mine, I thought it would be good to write about it. Let's make it clear though: I hate studying for finals. I don't know anyone that likes it, but I despise this process. To recall everything we have learned in the semester isn't easy for everyone. But somehow, every year, I get through it with positive results. If you are like me, then you are probably worrying about it too much. When someone says it will work out in the end, it probably will, just like finals.

What I found out is that people don't go to the tutoring centers all that much. I am guilty of this as well, but you all should really visit the tutoring center if you are struggling with something. It's better than sitting in your room scratching your head, looking for answers. Some tutors may not be helpful, but some are very intelligent. With the finals coming up, tutoring center may get more busy, but there is always time for you there. You want a good grade right?

The real thing I wanted to touch upon is studying early for finals. Professors always tell us to study nice and early so we don't cram everything until the end. I agree to a certain extent, but you know what kind of student you are better than anyone else. If you study better at the last second, like me, then don't feel pressured to do it too early. I've done it both ways, and they both helped. Study the way you want and feel satisfied with it.

Some may say that the only goal of final exams is to get a good grade on it, but I disagree to an extent. My goal is to come out of the exam room feeling that I gave it my best. So to make that happen, we all have to study hard!

I'll write again soon, I promise! But for now, more projects and homework!