UPrint -- The Inevitable System

Hey guys, I'm back with another blog. This semester has been very good to me, but a lot of work nonetheless. I promise the blogs will keep on coming though haha.

Today I'm writing about UPrint. I'm sure every single one of you at least know of the system that has been implemented into our computer labs. For those who might not know it, it is a system in which the students use their student IDs to print out papers, and the details of that paper is recorded on the card for you to print out. Of course, there is a charge to printing out the pages as well.

When I saw this system, I knew it was inevitable. Free printing was great for everyone and many students used it efficiently, only printing out things that were necessary. But the majority probably abused it to the nth degree. There were always printed pages laid out everywhere in the lab, people printing out 30 page powerpoint slides, and etc. It bothered me to a certain point, but I'd be lying if I wasn't guilty. Every student somewhat abused the system.

Which brings me to the next point, which is that no student should complain about this. If you are truly one of the rare ones that didn't abuse the system, then I apologize. But the majority of the students should accept that this was more than inevitable because of our behavior, our habits. The good news is that the school put a $15 beginning balance on our cards, which should really teach us to print efficiently before wasting anything.

The system hasn't started charging yet, but it should be starting sooner than later. Until then, we still have access to free printing in the labs. Just another thing to be thankful for before the system is implemented.

I'll talk to you all next time,