North Campus Parking Garage?

Hey guys! Long time no blog? Or so it seems haha. I have been very busy during this vacation, caught up in a lot of stuff. Now I found time to blog for you guys. What I am writing about today is very specific. If you read some of the UML emails that come to your inbox, you will definitely know what I'm talking about.

Ever since freshmen year I've openly complained about the lack of parking spaces in North Campus. The problem was echoed throughout the campus and not too long ago, as you all probably know, the university announced that they will be building a parking garage in North Campus. I'm sure you've heard it, but if you didn't, then it's great news for all you commuters.

The garage is supposed to be done by fall of 2012 (yes, that's this year), so I will get about a year of enjoyment out of it. Nonetheless, even though it might be a bit late for me, I am glad that the parking garage will be constructed and ready to go. I think this definitely shows that the university cares about the commuters as well and that they really took the parking issue to heart. I could not be happier.

Having said that, I am going to introduce to you an interesting web link right here. UMass Lowell is excellent about keeping its students up to date about campus activities, and that page is no exception. The page shows the artist renderings of the garage, and an actual webcam that is installed toward the parking garage construction site, so you can view the progress right from your computer. I don't mean to sound like a nerd, but that is pretty cool. The webcam also has this feature where you can fast forward and rewind, so you can see the pictures coming together. I can't wait until the building is done so that I can view the progress from day 1 beautifully.

Are you excited? You should be! I hope there are bigger and better things to come in 2012 as well! Happy new years and I'll blog to you again soon!