First Week of the Semester

Hey guys, it's good to be back on campus again. The amount of work that's ahead of me doesn't excite me but it's good to see the school environment once again.

Today's blog will just focus on the first week of school and other things I have noticed in the last couple of weeks in relation to the school. I am taking 5 classes this semester, one less than last semester. I am also extremely happy to note that I will be living near the campus for this semester. It has only been a couple days, but it definitely beats commuting. I lived on campus during my freshmen year and I enjoyed it, so it's good to be back. I will be going home on the weekends though, which is a plus as well.

By the way, I wanted to mention that the more I look at the new school website, the more I like it. I think the design is excellent and has a lot good news/information on it. I get a lot of my UMass Lowell news just by going on to the website and browsing. For example, a Russian hockey player was recruited on to our school. He is 17 years old and is a highly touted prospect. He might even get drafted in the 2012 NHL Draft. So it should be fun to watch him play. If you see a young Russian student, I'd assume he's the guy. His name is Dima Sinitsyn.

And what's my blog without a rant about something? I realized a month ago that the school is not hosting broomball anymore in their intramural program. Broomball is played on the Tsongas Center ice, and it was the most fun sport ever. I always looked forward to it every year and it's gone now. I can guess why, but I certainly don't like the decision at all. Whether it may be the students abusing the ice (some really did) or the school just cutting the budget in terms of letting students play at night on the ice, I am frustrated. Now I don't have any sport to look forward to this 1st half of the semester!

Until next time, good luck with all your classes!