Happy Holidays!

Hope everyone is enjoying their respective holidays! I certainly enjoyed a good dinner with the family. I also hope you guys got everything you wanted. When you don't get what you want or dislike, well...we've all been there haha.

I never really celebrated Christmas until I got to America 11 years ago. I've heard of the holiday, but never really celebrated it back home in Korea because I practiced a different religion. When I came here, all that changed, including my religion. When I found out what the social aspect of this holiday brought about, I was ecstatic. Presents? Sign me up haha.

My family never gave presents to each other and I am still not really sure why. I know people have Christmas trees and other festive items but we've never had it either! I suppose we just appreciate each other and that's good enough. We do give out presents to people outside of the family and we receive some as well. I always liked giving out presents more than receiving them because it gave a good feeling inside.

I just woke up and thought that it'd be nice to put something up the day after Christmas. I am still writing the research paper but I am moving along nicely. Hopefully this gets done this week and I can really relax. I am hoping to write another blog on New Year's Eve to reflect upon the year. Hope you all join me then!