Why did the chicken cross the road?

Hey guys. It's Andy here again with another blog. Hope you all are doing well in your studies and such. And I hope all you high school students made your decisions about school! If you are coming to UMass Lowell, even better!

So let's get to the title question. Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side right? So then comes a follow up question. Why did UMass Lowell students cross the road? The answer is the same. To get to the other side.

Which brings up to my main point, which is the minor issue going on in crossing the road between the bridge and north campus. I've seen students cross for almost 2 years now and I haven't heard of any injuries or accidents. But the way students cross the road sometimes calls for a concern. Students are relentlessly crossing the road during red lights, instead of waiting for the white lights to cue the okay to cross. I am guilty of this myself, as students are mostly in a hurry for whatever reason.

There have been close calls and I've witnessed a couple of them. Just like the students crossing the road, drivers can be relentless as well.  It is a safety issue that the school should consider looking into. My suggestion is to allow more opportunities to cross safely by programming the white cross lights to show up more than now. It sounds simple to me.

That's my small rant for this week. I hope you all are careful when crossing the street!

Til next time,

Andy