Teachers and Professors

Hey guys, Andy here. Hope you are all doing well.

I was thinking about what I should write but I couldn't really think of anything. Then I remembered that I had wanted to write about teachers and professors for a while. What is the difference between the two? Why do some prefer one over the other? Is there even a difference?

I had a mentor/teacher back in high school. Growing up without a mother, she was like a mother-like figure for me throughout high school (which were my toughest days). I am always appreciating her presence and I truly hope she's doing well now as well. She is a strong, influential women and being around her was a pleasure.

I haven't had any kind of experience like that in a university. Don't get me wrong, I think there are plenty of fantastic professors here. But I think professors are exactly what they sound like. They are professional and most value efficiency in education more than connections with students. I definitely understand why, too. Professors are dealing with 100+ students most of the time and it's hard to keep track, especially when you only meet around 3 hours every week.

I've embraced and experience both aspects of education that way. I do miss the days when there was someone at school I can talk to about anything in a comfortable way. But part of coming to college was to slightly, ever so slightly, break out of that habit and start to deal with some things myself. Of course, people need each other to vent or talk about things from time to time, but I can see myself maturing as the semesters go by.

If you guys have a teacher in high school that you really miss right now, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to go visit them during spring break. What do you think?

By the way, a couple updates:
-Hoff Scholarship applications are available now so if you are eligible, go sign up!
-I really think that they are building a garage on north campus. The structure seems like it...

Til next time!