Think outside the box.

Hey guys! It's Andy here and I have found an interesting topic to talk about! Finally right? I'll get right to it in a second. I hope you all had a good week. I didn't haha. A lot of tests/presentations and my team got crushed in a lot of intramural sports. Just not a good week haha.

So you guys have probably heard that Taco Bell is coming to Fox Hall on East. What was your first reaction when you heard about it? I'll tell you my reaction: it was like:

Surprised_Face_by_Krasus.jpg

I realized that picture is a little big, but that should wrap up my reaction. So what does that mean for our campus? Where does that leave us in terms of "healthy food" for our campus? This Taco Bell replaces the great Mahoney's that's been a student favorite for a while.

On one hand, I do enjoy Taco Bell so I wasn't crying out loud or anything like that. But I think bringing in a name brand like Taco Bell wasn't so great for the campus and it really doesn't send a good message. Are we promoting this brand or something? Mahoney's could have made tacos...not to mention that there is a Taco Bell/KFC near South Campus.

You guys surely must have been/heard of to Subway on South Campus as well. It's a nicely run place, no doubt. But it's the same feeling I have in regards to Taco Bell. Do I have anything against these stores? No. But do I think it's not the most helpful thing on campus currently? That's a big yes.

Was all of this necessary? What do you guys think? Am I overreacting/reading too much into it? Leave your comments below!

Til next time,

Andy