Financial Aid?!?

Hey guys. Andy here again with the weekly bloggity.

I wanted to talk about the financial aid system today. It's like the 432305th rant but for this one, I'm sure many people can agree and relate to it.

I don't want to get into specific numbers, but I was granted a significant amount of financial aid that was reflected upon on ISIS since the summer. I was very excited, as I also received work study in the financial aid. I thought things would go smooth this year.

First week passes, and I'm still enjoying things. I went to work study three times already at that point. Then I received an annoying email saying my financial aid award has been adjusted. I went to look and needless to say, there was a significant decrease in my financial award and now I actually had to pay the school more money.

Let's stop for a second here. Think about it from my point of view. I know I may sound spoiled, since many people pay a significant amount of money to attend college. I am, however, in not a situation in which my parents can help with college costs. You probably understand then, that I have to work my butt off to afford going to school and rent.

Coming back to the story's conclusion. They took away my work study and a lot of the financial aid that was offered earlier. Why am I so mad about it? I just don't understand why they couldn't tell me earlier. I would have prepared myself financially instead of being in a hole like this. It was like a slap in the face. The system is inconsiderate for people's concerns and conflicts. It's not like it's the first time they've done this.

I apologize for those who don't care or who don't agree with me. I do feel, however, that they at least owe it to the students to tell them earlier about such significant changes. It's an unfortunate situation for me, but I'm sure many more students are out there in the same situation.

That's my rant. Feel free to comment on this one.