"I hate this job!?"

Hey guys, it's Andy here. Never mind the title haha, I'll get to that in a second. I thought I'd tell you guys about something new that the University is doing. They are fixing their entire website! And the best part is, for me anyway, is that I'm going to be a student that is featured somewhere along those pages! Crazy to think about. I finished my interview on Monday with the friendliest person I've talked to on the phone, and all is well. Be on the lookout!

Now going to the title. I know I throw in my bits of university news occasionally, but for the next couple blogs, I thought I'd concentrate on regular college kid stuff and my thought processes about my regular life. So the first topic is on jobs.

I recently quit my summer job, not only for school, but I really hated the work. I couldn't stand it and I didn't even want to come back for the winter. It might be quite the blow for me when winter comes along, but I still think that I made the right decision.

Before making the decision though, I had to think a lot about it. It may be a small job, but being financially tight as I am, I didn't want to risk too much going in. But then again, I had to weigh the emotional stress I've been building up throughout the job.

In the end, what I decided was that I needed to do what's best for me. At this point of my life, I have the flexibility to switch around jobs if I feel like I am not being treated with fairness and respect. There are circumstances for others when they are not in my flexibility, and I sympathize with them. Blogging for the university is a job for me, and I absolutely enjoy it. That is why I write here! I just simplified every concern I had.

I guess what I am getting at is that if you are reading this and may be in a similar situation, just think it through. It may seem like a hard decision at first, but once you think it out, you'll lean towards one thing. And don't look back, because you have to convince and believe yourself that you made the right decision.

Just make that extra effort to find another job. =]

Til next time,
Andy

Khoa said:

I see you guys lost a couple of bloggers in the last few weeks, do you know if UML is hiring anymore bloggers? And if so who can I contact? Thanks.