Weekly Update

Hey guys, it's Andy again!

I promised you guys a blog on Wednesday, but I couldn't deliver. I apologize. This semester has been hectic so far! I'm surprised I'm keeping up with most things though.

There is only one thing in my mind currently, and it is the RA interview next Tuesday. I applied to be a RA a while back, and I got the interview. I really need to do well so I can secure the position, as it offers great benefits and a great thing to go along in the resume. I also always wanted to try it out. Hopefully it all goes well. I am making my resume right now!

Another thing I'm applying to is the Hoff Scholarship. I got the offer in the mail, and I am currently writing up the essay for the application. Wish me luck on that as well.

I was also offered to join the Honors Program, and I am kind of mulling over the offer. I don't know if it's going to be a tremendous amount of work, and I know I wouldn't be able to handle lots of work, especially if I obtain the RA position. Any suggestions/ideas?

I hope you all are enjoying the Olympics! I sure am. I finally have something legitimate to watch after 1AM other than informercials.

That's all I've got for today. I hopefully can write another blog tomorrow. Haha.

Be safe and healthy till the next blog,

Andy,

Good luck with your interview! I applied to be a RA twice. The first time they wait-listed me, and hired me a week before training started. The second time, they did not hire me.

Hopefully you will get the job, but its not the end of the world if you don't get it. They are highly desired positions. I would definitely reccomend re-applying the following semester. Just be yourself in the interview, they look for personalities.

I have always found that the more I have on my plate the more productive I am. My advice is to pile it on. Too much isn't enough.

Another tip I have for you is to name your blog entries after you write them, and then throw in some track backs. That way you'll get maximum exposure.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

-Guthrie