Two hours of torture

Hi everybody. This is Andy with the weekly blog. It's been getting chilly outside and the flu is still a concern. Good thing my family and I haven't caught anything. Hopefully it will stay that way.

There was a street hockey tournament on campus on Wednesday. It was Veteran's Day. There were a lot of teams there and from the pre game, it kinda got all of us pumped up. Our team played terrible though, I definitely should have practiced, but it is what it is. There were some free pizzas for everyone during the tournament, and I think everyone had a good time, losing or winning. It's intramural events like this you guys need to get on! It's a good way to just get out and have some fun, and meet new people. If hockey isn't your thing, there are plenty of more sports you can participate in. I actually played an indoor soccer game in another intramural league. The result of that game definitely had a different outcome than the street hockey games. We actually won.

Time to get to the meaning of the title.
It was Monday morning. All my friends were telling me the week before that we are able to sign up for classes for the spring semester starting Monday. I was very new to this, but I already had everything planned out the previous week, for a good couple hours. I used the ratemyprofessors website to make sure all the classes were great. I was going to wake up early and sign up, so I can sign up for classes while they are open.
I set the alarm for 7, and I overslept and woke up at 8:30. Thinking I wasn't too late, I logged on to ISIS and tried to sign up for classes. The next thing I realized was that there were error messages on most of my classes. Yup, they were all filled up. People were quick, and it truly was survival of the fittest.
Being the clumsy person that I am, I didn't even have a backup plan. So I looked for classes immediately that would fit my schedule and requirements. From then on, it was all hectic. I couldn't find a combination of classes that fit my requirements at all. To make a long story short, I searched and finally got a combination, after two hours of torture. It will drive me crazy, as some classes are loaded on one day, but I think I can handle it.

Point of the story is that 1) when signing up for classes, wake up early, especially if it's a popular class. 2) Have a backup plan. That's all I can say. Then you should be all set, and you should have a great semester.

Be safe everybody! I am outttt.

Hai Pham said:

I remember signing up for classes for the first time! Most Business majors I knew were given schedules during orientation while other majors were able to pick their classes during orientation (i think). So when it came around to picking our classes for second semester, this was our first time doing it. We had no idea how to work isis and had to find out how to sign up for classes while hoping we'd figure it out in time so the classes weren't full! My friends and I didn't even find out we could sign up for classes until something like 11:00 PM the night before! Luckily by the time we made our schedules and, of course, backup schedules, it was already 5AM so we waited 2 more hours and signed up for classes.