Richard Conley: April 2013 Archives
Over the weekend SUMMIT dashboards for Finance and HR Direct was upgraded to version 11G and is now available. This upgrade is mostly technical in nature however you will notice a few changes to prompts, navigation and general formatting. This upgrade puts us in a position to utilize new technology and features enabling us to roll out enhancements in the near future.
Below is important information you should be aware of regarding the upgrade.
Logging in for the First Time?
· New URL – If you log into Summit from the Empac home page or HR Direct, no action is required. If you have saved the Summit URL as a favorite, please use the new URL to access SUMMIT. For more information, please seeSummit Upgrade - updating your bookmarks.pdf
· Home Page –you will notice the home page has changed. To access your dashboards use the “Dashboard” drop down list found at the top mid right
A list of your available dashboards will appear, click on the dashboard you would like to access, note Finance dashboards are listed under FDM Reports and HR dashboards are listed under HCM Reports.
Summit 11G Setting a Default Dashbaord.pdf
· Filters – now include the ability to access a search function to find criteria based upon text entered. Clicking the More/Search… Box will open a pop-up window which allows you to search for the criteria.
· Apply Button – this button replaces the “GO” button, use this button to retrieve your data.
· Reset Button – this button replaces the “Clear Filter” button, use this button to clear your filter criteria.
· Return to Summary link – this now appears as a link rather than a button and can be found at the top and bottom of most Activity pages.
· Export Link - replaces the Download/Print option on individual widgets, accessing this link will give you the option to download to PDF, Excel, PowerPoint, Web, or to download data only.
As planned, the Summit system is now unavailable for finance and human resource dashboard reporting. The Summit system is being upgraded to version 11g of Oracle's enterprise reporting / business intelligence software. The project team began the upgrade process starting at 5:30pm Friday and expect to release the updated system for all users by Tuesday afternoon.
More information will be posted on http://empac.uml.edu as the new system becomes available.