April 2013 Archives
Whether you are an experienced user or entirely new to Summit, you are invited to the following Summit Training Sessions for Finance Users.
This training will focus on access to the Finance System dashboards that support department administrators, managers, and PIs.
Training is conducted by the Comptroller's Office with Maura Shield as the lead contact.
Monday May 20 9-11:00 Southwick 302
Friday May 31 9-11:00 Southwick 302
Tuesday June 11 9-11:00 O'Leary 237
Wednesday June 19 9-11:00 O’Leary 237
RSVP to Norma Clark
Over the weekend SUMMIT dashboards for Finance and HR Direct was upgraded to version 11G and is now available. This upgrade is mostly technical in nature however you will notice a few changes to prompts, navigation and general formatting. This upgrade puts us in a position to utilize new technology and features enabling us to roll out enhancements in the near future.
Below is important information you should be aware of regarding the upgrade.
Logging in for the First Time?
· New URL – If you log into Summit from the Empac home page or HR Direct, no action is required. If you have saved the Summit URL as a favorite, please use the new URL to access SUMMIT. For more information, please seeSummit Upgrade - updating your bookmarks.pdf
· Home Page –you will notice the home page has changed. To access your dashboards use the “Dashboard” drop down list found at the top mid right
A list of your available dashboards will appear, click on the dashboard you would like to access, note Finance dashboards are listed under FDM Reports and HR dashboards are listed under HCM Reports.
Summit 11G Setting a Default Dashbaord.pdf
· Filters – now include the ability to access a search function to find criteria based upon text entered. Clicking the More/Search… Box will open a pop-up window which allows you to search for the criteria.
· Apply Button – this button replaces the “GO” button, use this button to retrieve your data.
· Reset Button – this button replaces the “Clear Filter” button, use this button to clear your filter criteria.
· Return to Summary link – this now appears as a link rather than a button and can be found at the top and bottom of most Activity pages.
· Export Link - replaces the Download/Print option on individual widgets, accessing this link will give you the option to download to PDF, Excel, PowerPoint, Web, or to download data only.
As planned, the Summit system is now unavailable for finance and human resource dashboard reporting. The Summit system is being upgraded to version 11g of Oracle's enterprise reporting / business intelligence software. The project team began the upgrade process starting at 5:30pm Friday and expect to release the updated system for all users by Tuesday afternoon.
More information will be posted on http://empac.uml.edu as the new system becomes available.
This coming weekend we will be upgrading SUMMIT Financials and HR dashboards. While most of the changes are technical in nature you will notice a few changes to prompts, navigation and general formatting. Please make use of the attachedSummit Fundamentals Quick Reference Guide_v11g.doc .
The go-live date for the new version of SUMMIT is scheduled for Tuesday, April 16th SUMMIT will be unavailable beginning Friday April 12th at 5:30pm until mid-day on Tuesday April 16th. We will notify users as soon as SUMMIT is available.
Please note: Saved filters or prompts you currently use in SUMMIT will not be available in the upgraded version. You will be able to recreate your prompts once the system is available, therefore you may want to make note of your saved filters and prompts before the system becomes unavailable on Friday April 12th at 5:30pm.