Uploading a New File Within A Task
Uploading a New File Within A Task
Having trouble uploading new documents, pictures etc. inside a task? Or adding pages and files that are already inside Collage to a task. Here are some easy steps to make this a breeze.
1. Go to your Inbox in Collage and select a task you’ve already created by clicking on the blue highlighted name under the Task Name column. Otherwise create a new task by clicking on the New button.
2. Once inside the task click on Assets and you’ll see the screen with a list of assets (pages, files etc.) associated with your task. This will be empty until you add these to it.
This is what the empty assets list looks like.
3. To add a page or document that’s already in Collage click on Add. If you’re uploading something new skip ahead to # 8.
4. A pop up window will open and you’ll then navigate through the files to the appropriate page/file. Notice once you click on the file it will be added to the box on the bottom of the page.
5. Once you’ve selected all of the pages/files you wish to add click on OK. You will get a message saying the file(s) were successfully added to the task and they will show up under the assets list.
6. Now click on overview and then select the file you wish to edit from the Assets box by clicking on the file name highlighted in blue.
7. A pop up window will open with your file. Make the changes, save and preview them and when you’re done editing all of your files mark the task done and send it along for approval. You can mark it done by clicking on the done button, or by clicking on the little arrow to the right of the task name and then selecting done.
8. To UPLOAD A NEW DOCUMENT into the task first go into the assets page (see step #2)
9. Then click on upload. A pop up window will open.
10. From the new window, select the deploy folder you wish the new document to be uploaded to by clicking on the button at the end of that box. (This folder is where you’ll be able to find it in the future after you’re done using it in this task). Notice there is a RED ! and the end of the deploy folder line signifying that this step must be completed before continuing.
11. A new window entitled Select Deploy Folder will open. Navigate through the folders to the appropriate folder and select it. Keep in mind the files need to go into the appropriate folders in order to work – PDF’s etc. into documents folders, pictures into images folders etc.
12. Once you select the folder you’ll notice it’s added to the Deploy Folder line and the red! becomes a green check mark.
13. Now you need to actually upload the new document/image/file. Click on Add files.
14. Another window will open and you’ll need to click on Browse (next to another red !).
15. Yet another window will open, and you’ll need to navigate around on your computer to wherever the file you wish to upload has been saved. To make this easy you may just want to save the files to your desktop and always upload them from there.
16. Select the file and hit open.
17. Then hit "ok" on the Upload file screen.
18. Then you’ll need to hit upload on that first pop up window. However if you’re uploading more than 1 new file TO THE SAME FOLDER, click on add files and go back to step #13. Once you’re done click on upload.
19. The file will then be added to the assets list.
20. If you need to upload more new files, but to different folders, go back to step #9 and re-start until you have all of the files uploaded you want to.
21. (Go to step #6) Make your edits and mark your task done and send it along for approval.