Removing and Adding Users (Editors)
Removing and Adding Users
(from a task that you've already created)
So you've created a task and you realize you forgot to add or remove someone from the list of editors for the task or you selected the wrong template when you created the task and now you're stuck with a list of editors a mile long instead of just you. What do you do next? Elementary my dear Watson - just remove or add the editors in question.
1. Sign Into Collage
2. Go to your Inbox
3. Select the task you've already created and click on the blue name of it to open the task (listed under task name)
4. Once inside the task click on the edit button.
5. Check the name or names of the users you want to get rid of and hit the Remove button. If you're adding a user instead of removing one skip down to #6.
5a. You can also remove multiple users to the task the same way as you added one, just select more than name and move them over to the box and then hit "ok" once you've selected all of the users you want to add.
5b. After hitting o.k. a pop up window titled Notify will open - you will need to write an explanation for the removal - it can be as simple as "removing user from task". Notice that it is required by the red exclamation point.
5c. After you type something in the exclamation point will change to a green check mark. Then hit o.k. You will not be able to remove the user without writing an explanation.
This will return you to the Overview inside the task (see picture following #4).
6. To Add a user click on the Add button and a pop up window will open.
7. Type in the first couple of initials of the Collage User name of the person you want to add (mpu in my case) and it will jump to the person (or at least near their name in the alphabet).
7a. You can also just type in the first letter to skip through the alphabet or you can scroll down using the arrow like you would on any web etc. page.
8. Once you've found the person you want to, click the arrow button moving them into the box on the right side add hit OK.
9. You can also add multiple users to the task the same way as you added one, just select more than name and move them over to the box and then hit "ok" once you've selected all of the users you want to add.
9a. Note: You MAY have to fill out a notification message similar to the process outlined in steps 5b. and 5c.
10. Now make whatever edits you need and mark the task done - sending it down the line for approval.