How Much Homework Did You Save for Tonight?

|

Disclaimer: Anything written in this blog represents the opinions of the author, and no one else. Each blog is written lightly, and is not intended to offend any of the mentioned businesses, locations, students, or staff.

Procrastination_by_Queen_obsession.jpg

It is very rare that I am doing one thing at a time. While I am taking notes in class, I am making a list of the homework that I have to complete. When I am walking to work, I am emailing my professor about an assignment. I need to be prepared to be the most efficient as possible throughout the day.

If you were to ask me, I would agree that focusing all of your attention on one task at a time creates the best product. If you were to watch me throughout the day, you would quickly realize that my actions contradict this principle. I donít do this out of preference. I do this out of necessity.

In todayís world, students are held to higher standards than ever before. In order to stick out, we are expected to successfully complete five courses at a time, participate in clubs and sports, maintain a healthy social and family life, and possibly hold a job or two. Although we do not maintain traditional jobs like many adults, we are expected to constantly multitask and to go, go, go.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

This page contains a single entry by Chodat, Thalia J published on October 6, 2013 7:36 PM.

A Case of Senioritis: Guest Blogger was the previous entry in this blog.

The Art of Calculus is the next entry in this blog.